We first blogged about Lana Del Rey back in May 2011 when she was still relatively unknown, but after releasing her single Video Games at the turn of the year Lana’s popularity has exploded, and she’s now one of the most talked about artists in the music industry today. I honestly can’t remember reading so much media controversy about an artist who hasn’t ‘properly’ released an album yet and frankly we are a little bit bored that most of the talk detracts from her music.
I remember writing that first post quite well, as I struggled to find a usable picture of her because there was just nothing out there on the internet. Her image never really entered the equation for us, it was just a side-note. We have always been a fan of her music plain and simple. I generally think that’s the case for most people, and if you have managed to stay clear of the hype then there’s still a lot to be genuinely excited about.
That’s what makes us so happy to be giving away 2 tickets to see her perform at her sold-out London Scala event next week. She has already debuted a number of new songs during the other dates on her European tour, and I have a feeling that the gig next Wednesday will be a night to remember. As an added bonus we have put together an unofficial 14-track mixtape, lovingly known as Gangster Nancy Sinatra, to help you get acquainted with her old work, her new work, and hopefully some tracks that you haven’t come across before.
If you can’t make it to the gig then we hope you enjoy the mixtape, and for those of you who can then check out the competition rules below:
1. First, like the Lana Del Rey & the Details of my life so far.. Facebook pages.
2. Update your Facebook status to â€œI’m entering to win 2 tickets through @Details of my life so far.. to see @Lana Del Rey at her sold out gig next week at the London Scala here: http://bit.ly/ujwQbOâ€
3. Make sure the post is tagged properly as if it doesn’t show up on our page’s wall then you won’t be entered into the competition!
4. If you want extra entries in the contest (and therefore a greater chance of winning), get your friends to tag your name in their Facebook status update and you will automatically get another entry in the competition!
5. There are no limits on the amount of entries you can have so get spreading the word!
6. The competition will close next Tuesday 15th November at 8PM GMT. Good luck!